News and Announcements
The Active system we use for email is not cooperating today. Please see below for the Zoom call Information. Remember, this is for REGISTERED families only.
Our parent meeting is tonight at 6:30 pm via Zoom, you can find the link below. Please make sure your microphone is on mute to avoid disruptions. When you log in, you will be put into a waiting room until the meeting begins. We will be presenting a slide show that covers important information. The slide show will also be posted on our website after the meeting to refer to later.
Topic: GMAC Fall Parent Meeting
Time: Sep 12, 2021 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 832 1088 6362
Fall Session Signups are here! If you have had an evaluation with a GMAC coach, please sign up for either our regular Fall Program or our “Keep your feet wet” Sunday program under the Register for a Session menu.
Our current session was set to begin on September 7. Due to a change in the Great Mills bubble installation, the bubble is now being installed on September 9. This change in installation date has us needing to adjust our session. We will now start our session on September 16th and still end on November 14. This will NOT change the pricing as we had priced the session to include the closure. If there is a setback with the bubble due to rain or any other issue, we will advise. So for now, our NEW start date is September 16th.
Our Parent Meeting is now being rescheduled to Sunday, September 12 at 6:30 pm. A Zoom link will be sent to those that are registered.
Please let us know If you have any questions! See you on deck.
Starting August 2, we will start the additional time in the pool.
M-W-F starting at 5:45 pm with swim 6-8p
Tues: starting at 5:45 with swim time starting at 6. (only for people who purchased the add-on)
Saturdays 8 am – 10 am
If you have any questions, let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
GMAC is pleased to introduce our new “Keep Your Feet Wet” (KYFW) program! This program is intended to provide an opportunity for developmental swimmers to continue training one day per week after summer swim has ended, and for year round swimmers who need to take a session off for other sports; but still want to get back in the pool on a limited schedule.
August 8th – September 12 (Every Sunday)
Developmental Levels 4 and 5 will practice from 2-3pm
Age Group Levels 2 and 3 will practice from 3-4pm
If you are unsure as to which group to select, feel free to contact Coach Liz (email@example.com) for a recommendation.
Each group is limited to 20 swimmers, and the cost of the program is $70.
Please see the information below for team updates.
1. There was recently a House of Delegates meeting where we had coaches, Board members, and our swim reps in attendance. We were hoping to receive short course meet dates like we normally do but unfortunately, no meet dates were given. Hopefully in the near future there will be short course meets provided for us to do our long range planning.
2. We have reached out again requesting to be part of the July 10 meet with FOX swimming. As soon as we receive the meet file it will be sent out to swimmers to sign up.
3. There is NO definite plan for a long course championship meet. Possible locations were given for this meet at the HOD meeting and a previous coaches meeting but there is NOTHING confirmed. Again, this will be sent out to qualified swimmers when we receive confirmation.
4. We recently purchased many pieces of equipment thanks to our fundraisers. Thanks to the coaches who researched what would be best for our swimmers! Thanks to all of you for helping us raise money for it all! The pieces we purchased were:
- Tempo Trainers
- Swim Bungees
- Lap Counters
- Backstroke Ledges
- Swim Rings
5. If you have a SENIOR that graduated this year, please let us know ASAP!
6. Summer session updates: we have been in contact with the college and have no definitive date for when we might be able to get lanes. When we were in lane negotiations with the college and the original email was sent, we budgeted for it to cost more than it actually ended up. The Board is looking at options to make adjustments to this current session.
7. Finally, at the start of our short course season we will again host a parents’ meeting. At this meeting we will provide our long term plan for meets (hoping we have dates for them!), our operating budget, and coaching plan.
Good luck to all the swimmers this weekend swimming in the meet!