News and Announcements
Please see the information below for team updates.
1. There was recently a House of Delegates meeting where we had coaches, Board members, and our swim reps in attendance. We were hoping to receive short course meet dates like we normally do but unfortunately, no meet dates were given. Hopefully in the near future there will be short course meets provided for us to do our long range planning.
2. We have reached out again requesting to be part of the July 10 meet with FOX swimming. As soon as we receive the meet file it will be sent out to swimmers to sign up.
3. There is NO definite plan for a long course championship meet. Possible locations were given for this meet at the HOD meeting and a previous coaches meeting but there is NOTHING confirmed. Again, this will be sent out to qualified swimmers when we receive confirmation.
4. We recently purchased many pieces of equipment thanks to our fundraisers. Thanks to the coaches who researched what would be best for our swimmers! Thanks to all of you for helping us raise money for it all! The pieces we purchased were:
- Tempo Trainers
- Swim Bungees
- Lap Counters
- Backstroke Ledges
- Swim Rings
5. If you have a SENIOR that graduated this year, please let us know ASAP!
6. Summer session updates: we have been in contact with the college and have no definitive date for when we might be able to get lanes. When we were in lane negotiations with the college and the original email was sent, we budgeted for it to cost more than it actually ended up. The Board is looking at options to make adjustments to this current session.
7. Finally, at the start of our short course season we will again host a parents’ meeting. At this meeting we will provide our long term plan for meets (hoping we have dates for them!), our operating budget, and coaching plan.
Good luck to all the swimmers this weekend swimming in the meet!
June 12-13 Fox Swim Club Long Course Meet information is attached. Sign up by June 2nd at 11:59 pm!
Claude Moore Recreation Center
46105 Loudoun Park Lane
Sterling, VA 20164
MEET Timeline: UPDATE
Session 1 (13 under) Warm-ups at 7:45 am and Meet Start at 9:00 am
Session 2 (13 over) Warm-ups at 1:00 pm and Meet Start at 2:15 pm
Session 3 (13 under) Warm-ups at 7:45 am and Meet Starts at 9:00 am
Session 4 (13 over) Warm-ups at 12:45 pm and meet Start at 2:00 pm
Claude Moore had eased its restrictions on COVID with the new laws in Virginia. This means that we do not have follow the plan outlined in the original meet notice. Here are the guidelines that Fox Swim Club will be using to host their meets this summer:
No spectators. Only parents that are volunteering as officials, timers, or meet marshalls are allowed in the pool area.
Swimmers will wear face-covering at the meet except when swimming or when they are about to swim their race.
Swimmers will be seated in the upstairs spectator area. Swimmers do not need to sit outside and should not bring chairs to the meet.
Social distancing is encouraged but will not be enforced provided face-coverings are being worn.
Coaches, Officials, and Timers need to wear face-covering regardless of vaccination status as it can be assumed that most swimmers are not vaccinated.
Overflow parking can be in the Claude Moore Museum parking lot, which is a bit further up the lane from the pool. The High School parking lot is available except for June 12 because of graduation.
The meet will be shown on the YouTube Aquatic Training & Consulting Service channel or on the Fox Swim Club page through FaceBook Live.
Timers and officials can enter through the center door on the back of the building. They can report to the hospitality room to wait for the meet.
Swimmers should enter through the door on the right and walk up the stairs to their team area. Swimmers are encouraged to wear their suits to the meet.
Adults may use the family changing room bathrooms for toilet facilities.
Locker rooms for the swimmers are through the glass doors down the hallway
Senior swimmers will have the two outside lanes for warm-up throughout the meet. Swimmers may enter the pool at the non-block side of the pool only. Swimmers must be continually swimming in order to remain in the warm-up lanes.
Swimmers may enter the building for the morning session at 7:30 am. Swimmers may enter the building for the afternoon session at 12:30 pm.
Hope this answers some questions.
Here are the results from our last Time Trials event.
Thank you SO much to all of our coaches, parent volunteers, and athletes for making this event such a success!
The document GMAC_May_Time_Trials_-_lvl3-5_-_1MAY21_-_Heat_Results.pdf was attached to this post.
Congratulations to our March Madness winners!! We will be in touch with the winners soon!
Location: Claude Moore Recreation Center, 46105 Loudoun Park Ln, Sterling, VA 21117, USA
Cost: $20 athlete fee, $8 per event
GMAC has a limit on allowed swimmers per session. I may have to move swimmers into different sessions based on availability. We need a minimum of 6 kids per session, max of 20.
There seems to be issues with active allowing athletes to sign up. There are no qualifying times. Max of 3 events per day.
Entries are due April 01 by noon.
As a work around to active please send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need the name of swimmer event #, event, and best long course meter time. See attached report to find out event and event number.
Link to look up your best time: https://www.usaswimming.org/times/individual-times-search
PLEASE title your entry email: Fox April LCM Meet – Last name
Child name 1: John, doe
Event #XX 200xx – time
Event #xx 50xx – time
Child name 2: Jane, doe
Event #XX 100xx – time
Session 1 & 4 (12 & under – only for Gmac 9-12 years)
Warm-ups at 7 am and session starts at 8:05 am
Session 2 & 5 (11-14years)
Warm-ups at 10:30 and session starts at 11:35 am
Session 3 & 6 (open or 15&over)
Warm-ups at 2:00 and Session starts at 3:05 pm