Mindset Monday - 061520
THEME OF THE WEEK: LETS GOOOOOO
If you haven’t heard yet, our Summer Session will be starting soon! As of right now, the our practice (in the POOL) should be Monday June 29th (2 weeks from today), but this could change depending on a number of factors. For now, let’s pretend that we will be swimming on that day. That means you have 2 more weeks to work on your fitness! Now, don’t let this stress you out—if you haven’t been working out on your own, that is totally okay! I know that the past few months have been very challenging and unusual for all of us, and there’s nothing wrong with not working out/training. But, realize that now is as good as a time as any to start training and getting back in shape! If you have been training, that’s great! Keep it up!
Last week’s theme touched on how to be positive when you can’t see the light at the end of your tunnel. If we say not being able to swim is the tunnel, then now we can finally see the light at the end of it! Two more weeks until we can swim again! WOOHOO! So let’s get to WORK! This doesn’t mean you have to go crazy and workout like 5 hours a day every day for the next two weeks. Be smart, use your noodle (that means use your brain and think about it). If you haven’t been working out, try working out for an hour a day maybe every other day. If that goes well, then work out 5 days next week. If you have been working out a lot, keep challenging yourself either by using more weight (with GOOD FORM), doing longer workouts, or trying more challenging combinations of different movements. If none of that makes any sense, that’s okay, just do a little bit each day and don’t worry too much about it. We’ll get back to normal soon!
Over the next two weeks, here are things you can do each day that will help you be a better swimmer and athlete!
- Train! (workout) 1-2 hours per day depending on what you have been doing. Do the workouts on the website, make up your own, or follow workouts from somewhere else! Right now, anything is better than nothing. Train with a purpose, focus on moving well, get your heartrate up and challenge yourself!
- Stretch! (At least 10 minutes once a day, the more the better! Try to get more flexible!)
- Eat! Fruits and Vegetables! Try to cut back on unhealthy snacks and junk food (save them for grumpy days or pick a day of the week to pig out and eat clean the rest of the week! Tons of different ways you can eat better, ask your parents if you get stuck!)
- Teammates! Check in on your teammates! If you don’t know how someone has been doing lately, ask them! It makes a huge difference when someone checks in on you (at least it does for me!)
- Get HYPED! For me, swimming and working out is a big part of my life. I love training and it helps me deal with stress and makes me feel good when other things are bringing me down. We’re all swimmers, and soon we’ll be able to swim together again! LETS GOOOOO
Coming soon! I know I’m the worst at being on time with this stuff, I’m working on them right now!